Tune in to hear inspiring stories behind the most iconic, best-selling beauty products and how they came to be, straight from the founders themselves. Plus, get insights and tips from the brilliant minds shaping today’s trends and ideas. With #damngood beauty product reviews – skincare, haircare and makeup and more – you won’t want to buy a thing before tuning in.
We’re hitting reset on our fall hair routine to help unlock our fullest, bounciest strands ever.
Joining us to help untangle the do’s and don’ts of healthy hair are Dr. Chesahna Kindred, board-certified dermatologist and founder of Kindred Hair & Skin Center in Columbia, Maryland, along with Sam Archer, VP of Product Marketing & Innovation at Nutrafol – and the mastermind behind their clinically-tested supplements and brand new scalp microbiome haircare collection.
Listen in to learn the 10 healthy hair habits most recommended by Pros:
1. Balanced Diet: foods that lean into healthy hair, and why vegans could be most at risk for hair thinning.
2. Vitamins & Supplements: why targeted ingredients aren’t a silver bullet solution to combat hair loss, and what to invest in instead.
3. Shower Power: whether you *really* need to buy that hard water filter you saw on TikTok.
4. Shampoo 101: why protecting your microbiome is goal #1, whether co-washing may be harmful for hair growth and the one ingredient you should absolutely avoid on a label.
5. Scalp Toning: the rise of hair essences and who benefits from this skincare-inspired step.
6. Scalp Exfoliating: how often should you go the extra mile.
7. Hair Slugging: why a decades-old hack still holds up today.
8. Home Remedies: fermented rice water vs. apple cider vinegar – the reason only one of these TikTok trends is worth your time.
9. Hair Brushing: why the age-old “100 strokes” adage leads to more breakage than shine.
10. Get Support: the telltale signs that your hair thinning is beyond normal, when to seek professional help and how to find a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss.
For any products or links mentioned in this episode, check out our blog: www.breakingbeautypodcast.com/blog
[audio audio="https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/breakingbeautypodcast/BBEAUTY_NUTRAFOL_083122_FINAL.mp3" title="10 Healthy Hair Habits You Should Adopt ASAP" descr=""]